Why are adult ear defenders boring?

I've been wearing noise cancelling headphones for a while now when I know I'm going to be in a difficult situation but sometimes I just don't want to listen to music. I know I can wear the headphones without anything playing, but I think there are some circumstances where it might be seen as rude to wear headphones where it might be more acceptable to wear ear defenders, so I've been looking at a few. My problem is they all seem to be quite boring, or at least the adult ones are, the kid ones can be quite funky, my son has pink flamingo ones for instance. As an adult you seem to be stuck with one colour ear bits and a black band, and the choice of colours isn't great either.

So, has anyone found any more interesting ear defenders?

Parents Reply Children
  • After talking it through with him and another friend, I'm going to stick with the headphones. They both said any situation where it would be rude to wear headphones would also be a situation where it would be rude to wear ear defenders. If I feel I absolutely need something I have a set of Loop earplugs that are quite discreet.