Preferred fonts for autism

Hi everyone, I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts and opinions on fonts preferred for those on the autism spectrum. A lot of people relay that Comic Sans is a preference. However, I don’t like comic sans. It has been used for 20 years in schools and for adults and I want to know what autistic individuals in the community think about comic sans. And explanations why it is perceived that comic sans font is preferable to let’s say arial or times Roman. I notice the Autistic Society website does not use comic sans. Which I’m glad about. Any thoughts, feeling and expressions welcome. Thanks everybody. 

Parents
  • Never use Comic Sans when doing Graphic Design. There a window frame maker in my village, and his logo is in Comic Sans. Visible on his delivery van. It just look childish.

Dyslexic kids, apparently, read better with Comic Sans. But, as I insinuated, it's for schools.

Calibri, and Cambria, are built-in typefaces on Windows. To get them, free, on Mac and Linux is a tough call. But it can be done. Depends on avoiding the Copyright Stasi.

• Never use Comic Sans when doing Graphic Design. There a window frame maker in my village, and his logo is in Comic Sans. Visible on his delivery van. It just look childish.

Dyslexic kids, apparently, read better with Comic Sans. But, as I insinuated, it's for schools.

Calibri, and Cambria, are built-in typefaces on Windows. To get them, free, on Mac and Linux is a tough call. But it can be done. Depends on avoiding the Copyright Stasi.

Children
  • Thank you Desmond79. Really informative. I agree the Comic Sans font is childish and although sometimes useful, it’s quite infantile and as an adult I don’t enjoy reading, using or being provided with childish fonts.