Autistic memes.

Has anyone actually ever heard of this meme I posted in the link? https://twitter.com/rinkouashelia/status/1661113108436500480 does anyone have any other autistic related memes  to share?

Parents
  • Whats DID & OSDD, ASPD, ABI, Misophonia, and HPD?

Would c-ptsd be an acquired neurodivergence?

• Whats DID & OSDD, ASPD, ABI, Misophonia, and HPD?

DID = Dissociative Identity 

OSDD - Otherwise specified Dissociative Identity 

ASPD - Anti Social Personality

ABI - Acquired Brain Injury 

Misophonia- extreme distress or anger when hearing everyday sounds including chewing and breathing etc..

HPD - Histrionic Personality 

Would c-ptsd be an acquired neurodivergence?

Yes absolutely as the brain changes in functionality and wiring due to traumatic experiences.

• Thanks for educating me Frozen.  You write clearly and well...in my opinion.

• Cant, but thanks

All I was saying anyway was just I made a somewhat imaginary scenario of someone with c-ptsd and how they can fit every diagnostic criteria in the DSM5. Course the only problem with them meeting the criteria is that the traits werent present in early childhood and the causes are different. But I think it would be quite possible to work around that.

Ive heard from other people that they were able to still get evaluated even without people who knew them from childhood (maybe their parents died, or are unable to recall memories, or refuse to help because maybe they are ableist). So someone who perhaps had an abusive parent growing up, and it caused complex trauma, would most likely only recall moments with those traumas, and may not have a good picture on what they were like previously.

Then also not having c-ptsd widely talked about could result in the person seeing traits in themself but not realising its cause. Ex: they have trouble processing emotions but they dont know it was because of being emotionally abused, but they recognise that as a potential sign of autism

My long description with the DSM and backstory would make it have more sense but I suppose this discussion doesnt really matter all that much

• Cant, but thanks

All I was saying anyway was just I made a somewhat imaginary scenario of someone with c-ptsd and how they can fit every diagnostic criteria in the DSM5. Course the only problem with them meeting the criteria is that the traits werent present in early childhood and the causes are different. But I think it would be quite possible to work around that.

Ive heard from other people that they were able to still get evaluated even without people who knew them from childhood (maybe their parents died, or are unable to recall memories, or refuse to help because maybe they are ableist). So someone who perhaps had an abusive parent growing up, and it caused complex trauma, would most likely only recall moments with those traumas, and may not have a good picture on what they were like previously.

Then also not having c-ptsd widely talked about could result in the person seeing traits in themself but not realising its cause. Ex: they have trouble processing emotions but they dont know it was because of being emotionally abused, but they recognise that as a potential sign of autism

My long description with the DSM and backstory would make it have more sense but I suppose this discussion doesnt really matter all that much

Children