"Autism friendly cinemas"

hi everyone, i'm a student with aspergers, i noticed that my local cinema in Paignton,Devon "the apollo" does special Autism friendly film screenings of films, for these they offer

• brighter but softer lighting during the film
  • more spacing between seats
  • no pre film adverts
  • lowered surrond sound volume

personally, i'm not so heavily affected by my aspergers that i require this, but it does sound like a useful thing. just thought i'd post about this here to pick peoples brains about what they think of this service and similar ones provided elsewhere

Parents
  • I think like always, the help is geared towards those on the more low-functioning end, so for instance a child at that end of the spectrum maybe can't sit through a film and needs to run around making noises to let out some of their stress.

What about "high-functioning friendly screenings" ?!

It wouldn't bother me being the only person in the cinema if it meant I got to concentrate on a film.  In fact I get so absorbed in what I am watching it can be a little bit strange coming back to the real world as I really feel like I am in the film.  This is why I cannot bear the distractions because once I hear distractions I focus heavily on those and it makes me angry.

• I think like always, the help is geared towards those on the more low-functioning end, so for instance a child at that end of the spectrum maybe can't sit through a film and needs to run around making noises to let out some of their stress.

What about "high-functioning friendly screenings" ?!

It wouldn't bother me being the only person in the cinema if it meant I got to concentrate on a film.  In fact I get so absorbed in what I am watching it can be a little bit strange coming back to the real world as I really feel like I am in the film.  This is why I cannot bear the distractions because once I hear distractions I focus heavily on those and it makes me angry.

Children
No Data