Ennui

ennui
noun
  1. a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
    "he succumbed to ennui and despair"

Why do i want to give up on life?  On the face of things i am a clever, loved and popular man.  But it's never enough.  My intellectual stridency means there will always be those who loathe, fear and envy me.

So much of life is just keeping yourself occupied and busy i think. I am the very opposite of  occupied and busy. My thoughts occupy me.  Make no mistake about it, this Autism is something to cope with at best. At least for me. Some others can cope but i'm not coping at all well.

I don't know what anyone can say to this.  Any thoughts are appreciated! Perhaps you have felt the same?

P.S this was meant to go in the Mental Health section
Parents Reply
  • I felt similar at first here about other members but am learning to be less reactive, less controversial, of course there’s stuff posted I don’t agree with and quite a bit I find offensive and worse, some stuff downright cruel and prejudiced, but I’m not going to change people, and I suppose nor should I wish to. I now largely ignore the triggering posts and as they say, scroll on. 

Children