Food choices

Are you able to eat anything now that you couldn’t as a child?

I didn’t think I had any food issues until I realised I was Autistic in 2019, and subsequently went through my existence with a fine toothed comb.

My sensory issues don’t stop me eating anything specific as such. It’s more of the case I avoid certain things, and I can, because I cook for myself as my children have flown the nest. I had a little think just now, and I still avoid the things I did as a child. Do you? 

Parents
  • I still avoid everything I did as a child too. Dairy is a real problem for me, not so much in the sense of an intolerance, but more so a sensory thing. I hate the smell, sight, textures and tastes of all dairy products. I particularly hate butter/margarine and and dairy free replacements of these. I also struggle to be around yoghurts, which is unfortunate as my 8 month old daughter loves them and ends up completely covered. It’s a big deal for me to help her, which I do anyway.

• Hmm yoghurts, I don’t know how I feel about them. I mostly avoid them, especially those with bits. Dairy free are slightly more tolerable.  Even so, it’s one of the foods I don’t see the point of. Cold, sloppy. A bit like ice cream. Both of which I didn’t like as a youngster. Ugh, children and yoghurts. I do sympathise. Everywhere but in their mouths lol

• Hmm yoghurts, I don’t know how I feel about them. I mostly avoid them, especially those with bits. Dairy free are slightly more tolerable.  Even so, it’s one of the foods I don’t see the point of. Cold, sloppy. A bit like ice cream. Both of which I didn’t like as a youngster. Ugh, children and yoghurts. I do sympathise. Everywhere but in their mouths lol

Children
No Data