Food choices

Are you able to eat anything now that you couldn’t as a child?

I didn’t think I had any food issues until I realised I was Autistic in 2019, and subsequently went through my existence with a fine toothed comb.

My sensory issues don’t stop me eating anything specific as such. It’s more of the case I avoid certain things, and I can, because I cook for myself as my children have flown the nest. I had a little think just now, and I still avoid the things I did as a child. Do you? 

Parents
  • As a child I refused to eat apples. I didn't like the texture, the smell or the taste. I found them too hard. But last year when I was 24 I tried an apple and I loved it! But I since choked on one and now it has been put on my Do Not Eat Ever Again list. Generally I stick to good foods I can trust.

• As a child I refused to eat apples. I didn't like the texture, the smell or the taste. I found them too hard. But last year when I was 24 I tried an apple and I loved it! But I since choked on one and now it has been put on my Do Not Eat Ever Again list. Generally I stick to good foods I can trust.

Children
No Data