Boxing day 2022

Hello

Today plan is to do some of my jigsaw puzzle. Also reading, puzzle books and colouring. Maybe journaling instead of Twitter. 

Need to write a letter to the samaritans. 

Only shop is open is Coop which have only what's left over as no delivery. 

Reducing the amount of spending on Instagram and pinterest. 

Sleepymiss writing to my pen friend. A nearly ago I've stopped writing to one. Absolutely a shame. Sending gifts and money did trigger anxiety. 

Parents
  • I got through an extended family get togethe today and ...enjoyed it. This is usually one of my biggest social difficulties in the year. It's the first one since I was diagnosed in lockdown. I tried less, took more breaks and left when I'd had enough. Still masked my *** off but the breaks were on a bit this time and alowed me to be myself a bit more.. I understand my limits more now and know not to push through regardless. I felt in control of the situation for once and did things on my terms. A massive improvement on years gone by. 

• I got through an extended family get togethe today and ...enjoyed it. This is usually one of my biggest social difficulties in the year. It's the first one since I was diagnosed in lockdown. I tried less, took more breaks and left when I'd had enough. Still masked my *** off but the breaks were on a bit this time and alowed me to be myself a bit more.. I understand my limits more now and know not to push through regardless. I felt in control of the situation for once and did things on my terms. A massive improvement on years gone by. 

Children
  • Christmas 2020 during Covid before my diagnosis was the worst ever here in the U.K. as the Irish travel restrictions were the strictest in Europe, far stricter than here in the U.K.  - in my home Parish in Ireland the Priest was celebrating Midnight Mass and Christmas Day Mass in the church on his own, with everyone else in our village tuning into the Parish webcam - we heard later on that those Irish from our village unable to get home to Ireland had tuned in to the parish webcam from all over the world, including America, Europe, U.K., Australia, Eastern Europe, even South Africa 

• I felt in control of the situation for once and did things on my terms.

That's the key isn't it.

Being able to look after yourself too and feeling that things aren't out of control.

A diagnosis does feel as though we have license to tell the truth, albeit kindly, to others.

Or perhaps not always kindly!