Best concert

Who have you seen live and who would you like to see?

Parents
  • Ooh, I've not been to many recently but went to quite a few in my student days. Standounts have to be Therapy? at The Duchess in Leeds and Killing Joke at Leeds Poly and the Young Gods at Manchester Met Uni.

The biggest gig I've been to was entirely by accident. My sister and I were on Holiday on Paris, entirely by coincidence it was the 200th anniversary of the storming of the Bastille (14th July 1989). Jean-Michel Jarre was playing a free gig in La Defense in the Western side of the city. I think they estimated the number of people at over 1 million! We were on the Eastern side of the river, about a mile and a half away from where he was playing, but we could still hear clearly and see a fair bit of the light show (but not the animatronics he apparently had I think). Completely dazzling and free to boot!

These days I'm a bit more sedate but there's a gorgeous Anglo-French folk dance band called Topette!! (check them out on YouTube!) who are great to catch live.

I'd like to have seen Leonard Cohen live and have never seen Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds yet. Something to try to do before too long I think.

• I’ve seen Nick Cave a couple of times - he’s great live. Fascinating man. There was an interview with him on Newsnight the other night which was interesting. I love Leonard Cohen. 

• I've grown to like Leonard a lot but his records were played a lot in our house when I was a child and at that age it just felt like an instant shroud of depression. My parents got to see him live in Dublin twice I think - about a decade back. 

• I saw the 2019 film, about him, at QFT in Belfast. 

• I'm a bit of a latecomer to Leonard Cohen. I saw the Spooky Men's Chorale a few years ago and they ended their set with Dance me to the End of Love, which I loved. That was probably when I started going out of my way to find out more about him. I really like his political stuff, but not so bothered by some of his love songs....

• I'm a bit of a latecomer to Leonard Cohen. I saw the Spooky Men's Chorale a few years ago and they ended their set with Dance me to the End of Love, which I loved. That was probably when I started going out of my way to find out more about him. I really like his political stuff, but not so bothered by some of his love songs....

Children