Best concert

Who have you seen live and who would you like to see?

Parents
  • I'm not sure that it counts as a concert in the way that you probably mean. When I was in my mid-teens, I had entered a Radio 1 competition, and much to my surprise I won. The prize was 2 tickets to watch a Brit Awards concert at Wembley Arena, which I ended up going to with my mother. There were three concerts over the course of three days, all featuring different musical artists/groups. When I submitted my competition entry, I had to state my choice of concert, which proved to be a tough decision to make.

The concert I opted for featured the likes of The Happy Mondays, James (absolutely brilliant), The Farm, and a group called Northside. There were one or two other groups, but I can no longer remember who. 

About a year or so later, there had been a free outdoor concert to celebrate Radio 1's 25th Anniversary. I got to see Status Quo perform, which had been my sole reason for wanting to go. They did not disappoint.

For my 40th birthday, I was treated to seeing André Rieu & The Johann Strauss Orchestra... Fantastic!

I would love to have seen Queen (in the Freddie Mercury days), David Bowie, and Elton John.

• I'm not sure that it counts as a concert in the way that you probably mean. When I was in my mid-teens, I had entered a Radio 1 competition, and much to my surprise I won. The prize was 2 tickets to watch a Brit Awards concert at Wembley Arena, which I ended up going to with my mother. There were three concerts over the course of three days, all featuring different musical artists/groups. When I submitted my competition entry, I had to state my choice of concert, which proved to be a tough decision to make.

The concert I opted for featured the likes of The Happy Mondays, James (absolutely brilliant), The Farm, and a group called Northside. There were one or two other groups, but I can no longer remember who. 

About a year or so later, there had been a free outdoor concert to celebrate Radio 1's 25th Anniversary. I got to see Status Quo perform, which had been my sole reason for wanting to go. They did not disappoint.

For my 40th birthday, I was treated to seeing André Rieu & The Johann Strauss Orchestra... Fantastic!

I would love to have seen Queen (in the Freddie Mercury days), David Bowie, and Elton John.

Children
  • The concert I opted for featured the likes of The Happy Mondays, James (absolutely brilliant), The Farm, and a group called Northside. There were one or two other groups, but I can no longer remember who. 

That one sounds so good. Love all of those bands. I saw The Farm in Glasgow in the early nineties when Madchester was a thing.