Best concert

Who have you seen live and who would you like to see?

Parents
  • Not been to many music concerts as I never felt cool enough to fit in. 

But there have been a handful : Paul Simon (with my parents) when I was still a kid - around 1991

The Divine  Comedy (backed by the Ulster Orchestra in Nov 1994 - Neil Hannon’s birthday if I recall correctly) 

The Radiophonic Worksop at the MAC, Belfast. 2016/7 I think. These were the guys who worked on the basement of the BBC for years on inventive music and soundscapes for all sorts of shows. In their retirement they said ‘shall we form a band and play some of those live?’ Hands down the best live music experience I’ve ever had. 

Mercury Rev in… Bangor I think? Around 2017 or 2018. Not a band I had/have any interest in but my brother’s plus one dropped out that night and i was free. The venue was an old Methodist church which somehow created incredibly good accoustics. Smallish crowd. They played a whole album and the whole thing was beautiful and mesmerising even though I knew I wouldn’t be hunting down the tracks afterwards. Very much a ‘this moment, now’ kind of special. They had a fab support act - female soloist- too who annoyingly I can’t recall the name of as I’d be more inclined to listen to her tracks again than theirs. Something more unique and melancholy to her I think. And buying a track or two would have given her some support. EDIT: Lyla Foy that was her name, I found it. Must look up those tracks again, see if she’s had some deserved success. 

• Not been to many music concerts as I never felt cool enough to fit in. 

But there have been a handful : Paul Simon (with my parents) when I was still a kid - around 1991

The Divine  Comedy (backed by the Ulster Orchestra in Nov 1994 - Neil Hannon’s birthday if I recall correctly) 

The Radiophonic Worksop at the MAC, Belfast. 2016/7 I think. These were the guys who worked on the basement of the BBC for years on inventive music and soundscapes for all sorts of shows. In their retirement they said ‘shall we form a band and play some of those live?’ Hands down the best live music experience I’ve ever had. 

Mercury Rev in… Bangor I think? Around 2017 or 2018. Not a band I had/have any interest in but my brother’s plus one dropped out that night and i was free. The venue was an old Methodist church which somehow created incredibly good accoustics. Smallish crowd. They played a whole album and the whole thing was beautiful and mesmerising even though I knew I wouldn’t be hunting down the tracks afterwards. Very much a ‘this moment, now’ kind of special. They had a fab support act - female soloist- too who annoyingly I can’t recall the name of as I’d be more inclined to listen to her tracks again than theirs. Something more unique and melancholy to her I think. And buying a track or two would have given her some support. EDIT: Lyla Foy that was her name, I found it. Must look up those tracks again, see if she’s had some deserved success. 

Children
No Data