Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents
  • Does anyone know how to unfriend someone? I made an error of judgement earlier today (accepting a friend request) and feel uncomfortable with the resulting situation. Stuff isn't adding up (one minute the person has a kid, the next they are at school) and it's weirding me out a bit. I wanted to help, but I'm seeing red flags - could be rampant paranoia, and I'd hate to leave someone genuine who's genuinely (?) isolated and confused feeling  even more so, but nonetehlesss... 

• I don't think you can.

I think we are talking about the same person (see my post above) and my 'solution' although I don't know if it works.

I have turned my notifications off too so don't know if I am being messaged unless I seek that info myself.

• (I sent you a friend request today - ironic I know - to see if it was the same person who I thought it was, but this message seems to suggest it is indeed that person, so feel free to delete my friend request if you don't wish to be adding more people given the current situation x )

• Thank you.

I think that this being sorted out will be a relief for a lot of sensitive souls on this forum, including myself.

• Yay hello!

(On a different note I did also report the multiple spamming links to other threads that were cross posted on other threads earlier as it was just annoying my brain so much, so don't know if mods have sorted it out yet, as it's against community rules so should have been dealt with previously)

• Yay hello!

(On a different note I did also report the multiple spamming links to other threads that were cross posted on other threads earlier as it was just annoying my brain so much, so don't know if mods have sorted it out yet, as it's against community rules so should have been dealt with previously)

Children