Have you bought a dog for autistic child?

After lots and lots of research we decided last weekend to go choose a puppy for our son. We took him with us and thoroughly enjoyed playing with the mum dog. We collect puppy in a few weeks. Since telling people we are getting a therm we've had some really negative feedback and people saying we are taking on too much. I know a puppy will be hard work but there are many reasons why we are getting one for my son. People's comments have hurt me. We are getting a golden retriever cross labrador as that's what had bed. Recommended to you'd by several parties. Have you bought a body for your autistic child? If so how has it benefitted them?

Parents
  • Smile good thing is, the dog can be a functional learning role,, ie feeding, bathing, walking it etc,, good for confidence and security long-term, as they say autism primary emotion is fear, so a dog is good company for fear.,, the ancient name for a dog is called Solace, which translates into meaning "heart and company for humanity in grief" . I would call the dog SOLACE, a friend of the son Smile

• Smile good thing is, the dog can be a functional learning role,, ie feeding, bathing, walking it etc,, good for confidence and security long-term, as they say autism primary emotion is fear, so a dog is good company for fear.,, the ancient name for a dog is called Solace, which translates into meaning "heart and company for humanity in grief" . I would call the dog SOLACE, a friend of the son Smile

Children
No Data