Have you bought a dog for autistic child?

After lots and lots of research we decided last weekend to go choose a puppy for our son. We took him with us and thoroughly enjoyed playing with the mum dog. We collect puppy in a few weeks. Since telling people we are getting a therm we've had some really negative feedback and people saying we are taking on too much. I know a puppy will be hard work but there are many reasons why we are getting one for my son. People's comments have hurt me. We are getting a golden retriever cross labrador as that's what had bed. Recommended to you'd by several parties. Have you bought a body for your autistic child? If so how has it benefitted them?

Parents
  • i think its a great idea. if anything you should be praised for taking more on, unselfishly, for your son. to help him. we have a cat. but would love a dog one day. i have 4 children, so its a no to a dog for another 5 yrs or so.

go for it. its your life, and only you know whats best for your boy xx

• i think its a great idea. if anything you should be praised for taking more on, unselfishly, for your son. to help him. we have a cat. but would love a dog one day. i have 4 children, so its a no to a dog for another 5 yrs or so.

go for it. its your life, and only you know whats best for your boy xx

Children
No Data