17 years old and don't drink alcohol

i've noticed that alcohol seems to be the thing which social occasions revolve around and it is expected of me that when i turn 18 i start drinking alcohol. 

drinking even a sip of alcohol makes me feel sick

i have emetophobia which worsens this

i don't like the idea of losing control

however, i worry that this will get worse when i go to university with all the peer pressure to drink when i genuinely don't want to and i don't like the thought of it but i don't want to be seen as boring and well an outcast but i guess i always feel like an outcast. 

my mum made mince pies and i happened to have the one with tons of alcohol in it and i feel sick right now. 

alcohol always seems to be the source of entertainment generally.

i don't want to turn this into another rant but i just hate the way the world is

Parents
  • One should not do what one does not like. You can't be forced into it, well you could but that would be abuse.

It's all down to dirty water.

In times when water was not sanitary our culture killed bugs by brewing fortified drinks. It is embedded in our psyche to accept the worlds most destructive drug ~ alcohol ~ as a national and international intoxication.

Many people don't drink alcohol. It's OK.

• One should not do what one does not like. You can't be forced into it, well you could but that would be abuse.

It's all down to dirty water.

In times when water was not sanitary our culture killed bugs by brewing fortified drinks. It is embedded in our psyche to accept the worlds most destructive drug ~ alcohol ~ as a national and international intoxication.

Many people don't drink alcohol. It's OK.

Children
No Data