Christmas food/meals

What is everyone having for their Christmas dinner this year? I'm intrigued to see the variety Grin

Mine is going to be pigs in blankets, stuffing and a potato Potato (random I know) 

Parents
  • Warning️ Warning - Post contains graphic images of meat... ️Warning

My family is part German, so we do Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On the continent there are a few countries that celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve... having said that we aren't doing an uber traditional Christmas eve...

Christmas Eve: Indian Takeaway (my treat to parents).

Christmas Day: Beef and all the trimmings.

I was going to cookfor my parents tonight... Schweinhaxen, a traditional German dish of Pork Knucle (not as gross as it sounds... its a roasted ham hock) served with either dumplings or potato rosti (German equivalent of a large hash brown). But I did a trial and mum didn't like the smell of the pork that was still present in the kitchen the next day. It's a shame as I got the crackling spot on!!!

• Tbf Germans get the best Christmas dinners my 1st ever child hood freind was German and there family were extremely good cooks.

• So many good foods! Bratwurst (the more popular sausages you get in a roll with curry ketchup on the Xmas markets), schweinhaxen, dumplings, rosti, sauerkraut (the fermented cabbage - which is great for the gut) red cabbage, roast ducks with rich sauces, and a whole host of other regional things... Is it Christmas yet??? Yum

• So many good foods! Bratwurst (the more popular sausages you get in a roll with curry ketchup on the Xmas markets), schweinhaxen, dumplings, rosti, sauerkraut (the fermented cabbage - which is great for the gut) red cabbage, roast ducks with rich sauces, and a whole host of other regional things... Is it Christmas yet??? Yum

Children
No Data