What are your Pet Peeves?

What are your pet peeves? I'm interested!

Mine are; 

Being told things I already know

Losing things

People making little comments about the things you do, what you wear, what you're eating etc.

All of these absolutely boil my blood. They make me so angry.

I bet lots of people will say chewing noises.

• perfume

scented candles

that shop "the white stuff" which is full of VOCs -I have to run out...

• I understand that you didn't mean anything bad by what you've said, but I suppose that I'm able to talk about the bad parts of my past, because I've recovered and grown since then, and I suppose your earlier comment was like when a person who is sick has recovered already, and someone sends them a card to "get better," that's what it's sort of like. It makes you question if you're still sick or not. But I do have the tendency to look into things and analyse things way too much. 

Having harm ocd must be a real struggle to live with, and I appreciate that you wrote such a kind response to me, even though you have your own struggles as well. 

• I thought you reply to 1234 was a very good one and an understanding one. 

• Sorry I'm new and just getting used to the website. I know my post seemed a bit random there. I was just wanting  to share my philosophy. You never said anything wrong at all, I was just listing my pet peeve so to say. 

I can be random sometimes and maybe what I posted. The main reason for me posting as I'm only trying to get used to the website, I wasn't trying to get at anyone.

interesting seeing what people's pet peeves are, I think this is an interesting topic that's going to get a lot of replies. I have harm ocd and one of the big things that harm ocd does to me is it gives me urges to do bad things. I hate you Ocd

• I have issues with staring. It got me into trouble with women in the past. 

• I'm sorry if I come across as insensitive, but truth be told, I only posted it because someone else also had a tough childhood, and I related to it from having a similar upbringing, and I have a tendency to type a lot I suppose. Maybe this will sound bad, but I'm not really looking for pity, because it assumes that my life is still miserable and in a bad place, otherwise why wish that my life gets better? I've never understood why people say they don't like to to receive pity from others, but I get it now.

Also, this might come across as bad, but it's honestly just something I'm not understanding, and I'm confused about, and I want some clarification from you. What is the meaning behind saying that you are nice and that we are all human beings at the end of the day? What are you referring to? What do you mean when you say that?

• Mine are:

People who don’t want to know the facts - I get annoyed so much when people don’t want to know how things work

Loud breathing and the sound of someone constantly clearing their throat

Staring

People who Judge other people’s hobbies or interests 

• Interesting topic. I notice the media use the term woke or wokism a lot and to me, it sounds a bit offensive as the person using it mainly uses it to insult the other person who maybe has different views to them. I think a lot of young people have progressive views not woke views and I feel society needs to stop using that term. The Daily mail uses it a lot.

People insulting people during debates, Like for example using ad hominem to attack the person character rather than the debate itself. Mind you I feel we can all be guilty of this, don't get me wrong.

• Sorry to hear that, hoping things do get better. Being nice to people is a big one with myself as I feel that we are all human beings at the end of the day.

• 20-50% of those diagnosed with ADD have ASD

30-80% of those with ASD are later diagnosed with ADD. It's quite common. I have both.

• People are so focused on weaknesses than strengths.

• I do agree with you though.

I realise all the times I've really struggled with being Autistic has always come down to other people making life harder or worse for me.

Being Autistic isn't the problem (though it doesn't help), other people are the problem!!

• Jean-Paul Satre famously said "L’enfer, c’est les Autres", translated as, "Hell is other people". I think he had a point. So all my peeves, pet or otherwise, are to do with other people. In contrast, I'm a fecking delight! NB, I am not being entirely serious here.Slight smile

• Haha, a lot of those seem quite judgemental. And some are things people really don't have a lot of control over.

• It's good that you have a supportive and understanding family, and I think that's ideally what family should stand for. I mean, my family might have consisted of badly behaved people, but it does not mean all families are like that.

As for friends, I learned I became attached to a few friends that mirrored my family's bad behavior, since I was familiar with it. I've known them for about a decade, but after a few get togethers where they ended up yelling at me during the meal in front of everyone, and my other friends just watched it happen without interfering, and I realized that didn't want to be with these types of friends any more, so I stopped contact with them a few years ago. 

I'm happy that I have several people that I can be honest with. I don't want a lot of bad people in my life, just a few good ones who are supportive. That's all anyone needs. 

• Wow you definitely don’t like a lot of people hahaha

• Sorry to here that sucks. Makes me greatful for my parents who are incredibly supportive and understanding of my disabilities. Along with my cousin aunts and uncles too. Ironically it was people who I thought were mates who had to cut out of my life because they'd play phycolgyical pranks on me and take the piss without me realising until I realised what add holes they were. Small group of close freinds is all you need though.

• Your father sounds like a terrible person to be around. I had to cut off family, because they were terrible people as well.

My family would yell at me in public, saying that I'm an embarrassment, and everybody on the street can see it. And at home, they'd say stuff like "sometimes, I just want to punch you in the face, because you're so f***ing stupid!" and they'd yell at me and hurt me. Family can be such terrible people.

My morals are to be nice and supportive to people, and even when family was harming me, I was trying to forgive them and I hoped that they'd change, and this went on for years.

But eventually, I learned that it's not good to tolerate this type of destructive behavior, and as long as I was around (the punching bag), they'd be in the habit of punching it and taking their anger out on it, and this was a very bad habit, especially if they're been harming me like this for a few decades, so I left them, and I removed the punching bag from their presence.

They can live the rest of their life living in their dysfunction ways, but I don't have to be a part of that. And once I separated myself from them, my life got better. I mean, I live a modest life, I work, come home, and everything is peaceful. 

• I have many many pet peeves, I could complain for hours.  Many are related to how people behave towards me.

• People making instant assumptions about me, which are way off the mark. Such as.
    • I have white skin, so I must be English.
    • I have a big nose, I must be Jewish.
    • I avoid sitting at crowded tables, so I'm a snob snubbing them.  I'm actually close to having a panic attack at the prospect of sitting at a crowded table.

I also hate.

• Poor hygiene in others.
    • Bad time keeping.
    • People being really pedantic about spelling and grammar, who or whom?  My English is far from perfect, but it's a lot better than the people around me.
    • Being given the same advice repeatedly.  Such as being asked to do something that I've already done.  
    • Drunk people.
    • Hypocrisy.
    • Reverse psychology, my parents were full of twisted beyond belief behaviour which resembled reverse psychology.  My father's attempt to invite me to go with him, was shouting obscenities at me ( telling me how he didn't want to be seen in public with garbage like me) while flicking his wrist away from himself, and spitting in my face.

Etc.

• I feel sorry for you. I'd go nuts with my parents if they tried to force religion on me. My dad's the only religious in Mt family along with my family up north. I renounced religion when I was in primary school. My mum was a scientist/biologist though so she's not exsactly religious. I forgot Liberals and the left too.