What are your Pet Peeves?

What are your pet peeves? I'm interested!

Mine are; 

Being told things I already know

Losing things

People making little comments about the things you do, what you wear, what you're eating etc.

All of these absolutely boil my blood. They make me so angry.

I bet lots of people will say chewing noises.

Parents
  • I have many many pet peeves, I could complain for hours.  Many are related to how people behave towards me.

• People making instant assumptions about me, which are way off the mark. Such as.
    • I have white skin, so I must be English.
    • I have a big nose, I must be Jewish.
    • I avoid sitting at crowded tables, so I'm a snob snubbing them.  I'm actually close to having a panic attack at the prospect of sitting at a crowded table.

I also hate.

• Poor hygiene in others.
    • Bad time keeping.
    • People being really pedantic about spelling and grammar, who or whom?  My English is far from perfect, but it's a lot better than the people around me.
    • Being given the same advice repeatedly.  Such as being asked to do something that I've already done.  
    • Drunk people.
    • Hypocrisy.
    • Reverse psychology, my parents were full of twisted beyond belief behaviour which resembled reverse psychology.  My father's attempt to invite me to go with him, was shouting obscenities at me ( telling me how he didn't want to be seen in public with garbage like me) while flicking his wrist away from himself, and spitting in my face.

Etc.

• Your father sounds like a terrible person to be around. I had to cut off family, because they were terrible people as well.

My family would yell at me in public, saying that I'm an embarrassment, and everybody on the street can see it. And at home, they'd say stuff like "sometimes, I just want to punch you in the face, because you're so f***ing stupid!" and they'd yell at me and hurt me. Family can be such terrible people.

My morals are to be nice and supportive to people, and even when family was harming me, I was trying to forgive them and I hoped that they'd change, and this went on for years.

But eventually, I learned that it's not good to tolerate this type of destructive behavior, and as long as I was around (the punching bag), they'd be in the habit of punching it and taking their anger out on it, and this was a very bad habit, especially if they're been harming me like this for a few decades, so I left them, and I removed the punching bag from their presence.

They can live the rest of their life living in their dysfunction ways, but I don't have to be a part of that. And once I separated myself from them, my life got better. I mean, I live a modest life, I work, come home, and everything is peaceful. 

• Sorry to hear that, hoping things do get better. Being nice to people is a big one with myself as I feel that we are all human beings at the end of the day.

• I understand that you didn't mean anything bad by what you've said, but I suppose that I'm able to talk about the bad parts of my past, because I've recovered and grown since then, and I suppose your earlier comment was like when a person who is sick has recovered already, and someone sends them a card to "get better," that's what it's sort of like. It makes you question if you're still sick or not. But I do have the tendency to look into things and analyse things way too much. 

Having harm ocd must be a real struggle to live with, and I appreciate that you wrote such a kind response to me, even though you have your own struggles as well. 

• I thought you reply to 1234 was a very good one and an understanding one. 

• Sorry I'm new and just getting used to the website. I know my post seemed a bit random there. I was just wanting  to share my philosophy. You never said anything wrong at all, I was just listing my pet peeve so to say. 

I can be random sometimes and maybe what I posted. The main reason for me posting as I'm only trying to get used to the website, I wasn't trying to get at anyone.

interesting seeing what people's pet peeves are, I think this is an interesting topic that's going to get a lot of replies. I have harm ocd and one of the big things that harm ocd does to me is it gives me urges to do bad things. I hate you Ocd

• Sorry I'm new and just getting used to the website. I know my post seemed a bit random there. I was just wanting  to share my philosophy. You never said anything wrong at all, I was just listing my pet peeve so to say. 

I can be random sometimes and maybe what I posted. The main reason for me posting as I'm only trying to get used to the website, I wasn't trying to get at anyone.

interesting seeing what people's pet peeves are, I think this is an interesting topic that's going to get a lot of replies. I have harm ocd and one of the big things that harm ocd does to me is it gives me urges to do bad things. I hate you Ocd

Children
  • I understand that you didn't mean anything bad by what you've said, but I suppose that I'm able to talk about the bad parts of my past, because I've recovered and grown since then, and I suppose your earlier comment was like when a person who is sick has recovered already, and someone sends them a card to "get better," that's what it's sort of like. It makes you question if you're still sick or not. But I do have the tendency to look into things and analyse things way too much. 

Having harm ocd must be a real struggle to live with, and I appreciate that you wrote such a kind response to me, even though you have your own struggles as well. 

• I thought you reply to 1234 was a very good one and an understanding one.