Fanfiction and/or fiction

Do you generally read or write fiction and/or fanfiction?

I spend my life reading and writing stories of various types, and I wondered if this is normal for autistic people. I thought we were supposed to have very limited imaginations and interests and that was how we got diagnosed. But my imagination is vast, I tend to live in a fantasy world rather than the real world because it is nicer tbh!

What is your imagination like?

Parents
  • I wrote a manuscript and wish i could publish it as soon as possible because i believe it would be a major inspiration to the autism community because it gives us people with autism superpowers. Kind of like if in the x men, the mutant gene was autism.

• That's a great idea :) Love the x-men! I don't know if other autistic people would agree but I know when I first came across the x-men I did identify a lot with the mutants, even though I never knew why. Maybe the autistic community can see themselves as x-men more easily than neurotypicals can?

• That's a great idea :) Love the x-men! I don't know if other autistic people would agree but I know when I first came across the x-men I did identify a lot with the mutants, even though I never knew why. Maybe the autistic community can see themselves as x-men more easily than neurotypicals can?

Children
No Data