New Forum section request - NAS

I just thought that it might make sense to have a new section on the forum specifically for comments relating to NAS.

People would be able to make suggestions and raise issues relating to NAS.

NAS would be able to monitor, answer questions and be involved in discussion relating to the organisation.

This approach would help build trust between the organisation and the public. From what I read on this forum I think this is very much needed.

I can't see any reason not to have such a section on the forum. Unless NAS is not prepared to publicaly involve itself in discussions that may question its practises and  accountability.

• I am actually quite excited, the conversation on this forum may sound negative to others and Nt's but in reality, it is a good idea to express the problem areas. The NAS should see this information as data collection goldmine and use it to impliment some of the ideas, like the NATIONAL ASPERGER SOCIETY, CRISIS LINE, AUTISM SOLICATOR FOR THE AUTISM ACT ENFORCEMENT, AUTISM TO AUTISM SOCIAL INTRODUCTION IN LOCAL AREA(PREVENTS ISOLATION), A COPING STRATEGY MANUAL.

I am sure autistic people, carers, parents could add many more things to this list.

Anyway I am glad we have these conversation, at least I know that I do not stand alone.

• Well we will see, currently until proven otherwise it looks to me as carefully stage managed forum, to a hope we would burn out or make posts that could be banned as unreasonable.

Instead there is a common theme of similar experiences and wishes- don't hold your breath at change.

Oh and the "I'm leaving, No I'm leaving" thread that every forum has when anything that rocks the status quo appears.

I will NOT be leaving and if Banned will return.

Exciting times.

• autismtwo said:

National Asperger Society, I like the sound of that Hope.

'National Asperger Society' sounds an amazing idea :-)

• Right I have spoken to kelly hain and formally complained about the situations we have discussed and given her details of my experiences of the advice line and pointed out HOPE's recent experience asking where the 1.5 million is being spent.

Kelly has initiated a formal complaint process and has details of my missfortune,she has expressed agreement that government allocated areas get support.

Off to see MP tomorrow, key worker complaining to dwp. Recommended to try Shelter again and kelly will call again monday.

If you feel you want to complain then phone city road and ask to formally complain as I have been told forums not generally monitored and forum staff can't do anything

• THIS THREAD COMES UP AS "MIKE SAYS NO" 

TELLING

• I agree, as total silence from the NAS is psychologically abusive to other parties involved in discussion, as you know the NAS are very good at selective censoring when they wish too. Maybe too many people are talking out now, since 2004/05.

With there answer phone replies and lock outs we are now getting on the forum, is unethical to free speech.

• National Asperger Society, I like the sound of that Hope.

• It would also get all  those with "issues" over the NAS off the backs of the  rest of us.

• It would prove that they actually did more than lip service.

• ....incidentaly I have made such a request before but it was not acknowledged as far as I know....