PIP and ESA medicals

What are your experiences of PIP and ESA medicals(and the tribunals)?

• No - it's not free-  but the (somewhat left leaning) hospital administrators say it's not their job to collect the money.

• ah so is that why wales is finally being swamped by migration? lol

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Deleted user

they are doing trials in Wales for it, however it would be the same as UC and not enough for disabled people, however I supposed they could look into that and come up with an additional amount for those that cannot work full time or at all. It would also allow people who are able to work to do some training and not be under so much stress and bullying by UC

• Nothing anywhere. If i never lived in a stupid unity authority(money gets spent everywhere else),local govt/councils just want to keep their jobs,govt says jump,they say "how high"(slurp slurp!).

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Desmond79

so a universal wage then? 

• So all the media that reports people not paying(mostly cos not asked by health trusts,and then others having health cuts!),are lies?

Also how about lets say Nigeria-where lady had 7 kids over here,when not living here. Was that a lie?

• To be honest, it would be better to scrap Welfare altogether. These shenanigans were to increase taxation and prices to pay for the upsurge in Benefits and Furloughed Staff.

Centralised Banking, Planning and Government are the main reasons we're in this mess. The US Democrats are the ones driving the bus.

• Former Member

that rotten, google local law community firms that are free ask citizens advice to help you find it that help with pip etc. 

• No charities as council closing. If was under 25 and had Down Syndrome i would. Headway refuse point blank. Substance abuse have(substance abuse have most the funding in my city,yet still bleat!). Maybe local Mind,but only if under CMHT(no thanx,not in this lifetime!).

• Former Member

yes that is shocking, no way could I travel 12 miles at all even with my mum! rotten of them. Best to get support next time by googling a local disabled charity that can help support you. Travelling and going to a new building for something I do not like the idea of is too much for me to cope. 

• Former Member

best to get a dictaphone and when they call put it on speaker and record it from your side. Then get support from a local charity that can help with ESA and PIP. for their support  can you not put the call up on youtube they will be able to get that. they are just saying that as they did not want to access the card in case it had a bug in it they will give any excuse really 

• They deliberately made me go for ESA one 12 miles out of area and for 9am. I said even tho i can get up at 6am,i am not going to be there by 9am,so change it. They did,had in afternoon. Plus dad went with me,he can't use his bus pass til 9.30 am.

• Former Member

Just say you work from home if people start being noisy say you work part time from home or that you are a student and that you work  in society. most autistic people are working from home but not paid, they give advice on sites like this or are working on making the world a better place by contributing to society through ideas and promoting kindness. Obviously you cant say you work from home to the DWP etc as it is not technically work if it is not paid!!!!!  In France and in upper class circles here in the uk it is actually rude to be asked what you work as. 

• An idea is to record medicals without their knowledge,they would record phonecalls anyway!

But when i said they were liars and sent them a copy of an ESA medical on SD card,they said it couldn't be accessed(it could before and after!).

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago

Also I cant go to buildings I dont like the one that they wanted me to go for pip and at 9 oclock in the morning when I cant get on busy buses! it was horrible I ended up failing as I was too scared to get a pip assessment, then on my second go I got a telephone assessment. And because I have autism it still affects me a year on from the assessment I have flashbacks it is horrible. How dare they treat human beings in that manner. I submitted lots of evidence of my autism etc that should have been enough. Felt humiliated and emotionally abused after it all. 

• Thought there was free healthcare for EU,they come here,causing even more population explosion(or pop over!).

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago

Horrible, they do not understand that the whole ordeal can be very stressful to an autistic. I got a pip phone assessment and that was bad enough and they ask personal questions that are really disgusting he then lied on the assessment paper! to see lies like that put me into meltdown and I suffered as it was dishonest of him. Then a year later I was asked to do ESA, I told my local charity that I cannot cope with the medicals as they are too invasive and scary and that I cry and get stressed with them so they cancelled the appointment not sure what the outcome is yet. they are disgusting way to treat autistic people, they lie and they twist things. It is not morally right.