PIP and ESA medicals

What are your experiences of PIP and ESA medicals(and the tribunals)?

Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago

Horrible, they do not understand that the whole ordeal can be very stressful to an autistic. I got a pip phone assessment and that was bad enough and they ask personal questions that are really disgusting he then lied on the assessment paper! to see lies like that put me into meltdown and I suffered as it was dishonest of him. Then a year later I was asked to do ESA, I told my local charity that I cannot cope with the medicals as they are too invasive and scary and that I cry and get stressed with them so they cancelled the appointment not sure what the outcome is yet. they are disgusting way to treat autistic people, they lie and they twist things. It is not morally right. 

• An idea is to record medicals without their knowledge,they would record phonecalls anyway!

But when i said they were liars and sent them a copy of an ESA medical on SD card,they said it couldn't be accessed(it could before and after!).

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Deleted user

best to get a dictaphone and when they call put it on speaker and record it from your side. Then get support from a local charity that can help with ESA and PIP. for their support  can you not put the call up on youtube they will be able to get that. they are just saying that as they did not want to access the card in case it had a bug in it they will give any excuse really 

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Deleted user

best to get a dictaphone and when they call put it on speaker and record it from your side. Then get support from a local charity that can help with ESA and PIP. for their support  can you not put the call up on youtube they will be able to get that. they are just saying that as they did not want to access the card in case it had a bug in it they will give any excuse really 

Children
No Data