PIP and ESA medicals

What are your experiences of PIP and ESA medicals(and the tribunals)?

Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago

Also I cant go to buildings I dont like the one that they wanted me to go for pip and at 9 oclock in the morning when I cant get on busy buses! it was horrible I ended up failing as I was too scared to get a pip assessment, then on my second go I got a telephone assessment. And because I have autism it still affects me a year on from the assessment I have flashbacks it is horrible. How dare they treat human beings in that manner. I submitted lots of evidence of my autism etc that should have been enough. Felt humiliated and emotionally abused after it all. 

• They deliberately made me go for ESA one 12 miles out of area and for 9am. I said even tho i can get up at 6am,i am not going to be there by 9am,so change it. They did,had in afternoon. Plus dad went with me,he can't use his bus pass til 9.30 am.

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Deleted user

yes that is shocking, no way could I travel 12 miles at all even with my mum! rotten of them. Best to get support next time by googling a local disabled charity that can help support you. Travelling and going to a new building for something I do not like the idea of is too much for me to cope. 

• Nothing anywhere. If i never lived in a stupid unity authority(money gets spent everywhere else),local govt/councils just want to keep their jobs,govt says jump,they say "how high"(slurp slurp!).

• Former Member
    Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Deleted user

that rotten, google local law community firms that are free ask citizens advice to help you find it that help with pip etc. 

• No charities as council closing. If was under 25 and had Down Syndrome i would. Headway refuse point blank. Substance abuse have(substance abuse have most the funding in my city,yet still bleat!). Maybe local Mind,but only if under CMHT(no thanx,not in this lifetime!).

• No charities as council closing. If was under 25 and had Down Syndrome i would. Headway refuse point blank. Substance abuse have(substance abuse have most the funding in my city,yet still bleat!). Maybe local Mind,but only if under CMHT(no thanx,not in this lifetime!).

Children