Do you guys actually care about this?

Parents
  • From my observations, it's mostly 'high functioning' autistic people who have a problem with functioning labels. I can't help but feel it's from a privileged space of needing less help to 'function' and thus seeing autism as simply 'thinking' different rather than a condition that can be disabling. 

This is why I kind of wish (controversial as it may be) that they never stopped separating out 'asperges' from 'autism' 

• yeah, you may be right there. Mr O just told me that aspies and autists used not to be classed as the same group, but it was only because aspies thought they were getting support that they made us join together. 

that's a bit like putting everyone with depression in the same group as those with bipolar disorder.

• yeah, you may be right there. Mr O just told me that aspies and autists used not to be classed as the same group, but it was only because aspies thought they were getting support that they made us join together. 

that's a bit like putting everyone with depression in the same group as those with bipolar disorder.

Children
No Data