Do you guys actually care about this?

Parents
  • From my observations, it's mostly 'high functioning' autistic people who have a problem with functioning labels. I can't help but feel it's from a privileged space of needing less help to 'function' and thus seeing autism as simply 'thinking' different rather than a condition that can be disabling. 

This is why I kind of wish (controversial as it may be) that they never stopped separating out 'asperges' from 'autism' 

• Yeah I think I’m with you there it could take away from those who need more help than someone like me. I do need help with things and more patience from others I can’t help but think it would perhaps be easier if they brought back Asperger or another term and maybe just re shape the terminology surrounding it so it wouldn’t be as hard to get help as it was when Aspergers was around 

• Yeah I think I’m with you there it could take away from those who need more help than someone like me. I do need help with things and more patience from others I can’t help but think it would perhaps be easier if they brought back Asperger or another term and maybe just re shape the terminology surrounding it so it wouldn’t be as hard to get help as it was when Aspergers was around 

Children
No Data