Still Here

Oncologist says the chemo is working.    He says I might see 2022.       He then said that unfortunately, he's also said that to people who were dead 2 months later.    Nice.

Parents
  • What do you think of your life, as you look back on it? Of course you may be here for another 20 years so it may be too early, but I wondered about your opinion.

• Hiya

I definitely won't be here in 2 years - this cancer is always fatal and the chemo is the limiting factor - when my body gives up. I will die.   I will fight to the end.

While not trying to 'big myself up', I have burned the candle at both ends.     I identify strongly with Roy Batty.     "I have done things you people would not believe!"

I feel very, very cheated of the life I have worked so hard to create.    I've said before, I was months away from 'Life 2.0' and it's all been snatched away.

I spent most of my life oblivious to how very different I was to everyone else - blindly performing technical miracles 'for the greater good' without any recognition - while actually being used and manipulated by those benefiting from my achievements.

I remember every detail of my life - like looking at a huge array of photos.- It's frustrating to not be able to share the highlights and extremes with everyone..    

• I'm sorry you feel cheated, it must be a horrible feeling. But I'm glad you did some amazing things and you're a Roy Batty!

• Donald Trump anyone ? 

• Reading 'The Logic of Collective Action' about freeriders and the tradgedy of the commons helped explain how my thinking didn't coincide with clearly how others think, and how they operate. You can see the role aspies play, working for the common good whilst others freeride, and why.

• Reading 'The Logic of Collective Action' about freeriders and the tradgedy of the commons helped explain how my thinking didn't coincide with clearly how others think, and how they operate. You can see the role aspies play, working for the common good whilst others freeride, and why.

Children
No Data