Still Here

Oncologist says the chemo is working.    He says I might see 2022.       He then said that unfortunately, he's also said that to people who were dead 2 months later.    Nice.

Parents
  • What do you think of your life, as you look back on it? Of course you may be here for another 20 years so it may be too early, but I wondered about your opinion.

• Hiya

I definitely won't be here in 2 years - this cancer is always fatal and the chemo is the limiting factor - when my body gives up. I will die.   I will fight to the end.

While not trying to 'big myself up', I have burned the candle at both ends.     I identify strongly with Roy Batty.     "I have done things you people would not believe!"

I feel very, very cheated of the life I have worked so hard to create.    I've said before, I was months away from 'Life 2.0' and it's all been snatched away.

I spent most of my life oblivious to how very different I was to everyone else - blindly performing technical miracles 'for the greater good' without any recognition - while actually being used and manipulated by those benefiting from my achievements.

I remember every detail of my life - like looking at a huge array of photos.- It's frustrating to not be able to share the highlights and extremes with everyone..    

• You've often sounded very similar to me and my on/off best mate and especially at the beginning of my journey that was validating that someone like me could identify with being in the AS community.

I'm sad you didn't get to life 2.0. It's funny when I left my job 2.5 years ago and started hanging out with my first real aspie friend that's what I called it, Life 2.0. It's been good, at times exhilirating, and times bautiful and full of awe, and many a time not that much different to Life 1.0! We adapt to the new norms and although I'm following my lifes passion and vocation even of course it becomes hum drum too.

Do share your photos and stories with people. Having our life storiy heard by someone is life.

• You've often sounded very similar to me and my on/off best mate and especially at the beginning of my journey that was validating that someone like me could identify with being in the AS community.

I'm sad you didn't get to life 2.0. It's funny when I left my job 2.5 years ago and started hanging out with my first real aspie friend that's what I called it, Life 2.0. It's been good, at times exhilirating, and times bautiful and full of awe, and many a time not that much different to Life 1.0! We adapt to the new norms and although I'm following my lifes passion and vocation even of course it becomes hum drum too.

Do share your photos and stories with people. Having our life storiy heard by someone is life.

Children
No Data