What music are you listening to?

If music be the food of love, play on.

What music is everyone listening to tonight?

I am feeling a bit melancholic so listening to Mad World.

www.youtube.com/watch

Parents
  • Hello :) 

I found going back to my teenage roots of metal and all its wonderful sub genres is perfect for getting home workouts done.. Fear Factory, Deathstars, Mudvayne, Satyricon and Pantera to name a few.

My newest discoveries: Arcade Fire, Kevin Morby, Beta Radio and The Editors, brilliant finds.

On some days I find my inner Goth, and return to some favourites: Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Fields of the Nephilim, Sisters of Mercy, The Sound, and others.

I wish I could return to the days of picking up Metal Hammer or Kerrang!, and feasting my eyes on a new issue on a school morning, usually reading it first lesson on a Wednesday, back in year 8. Science lessons were better off enjoyed with a music magazine. The joys of free CDs and a sense of community that I peeked into that school environments did not provide for me. 
    I think music magazines have become lost to the screen of the internet. I wish some authenticity could remain.  Life seems very open and flat to me as a 29 year old.

• John McGeogh was guitarist for Siouxshee and the Banshees. The most influential guitarist, and hardly anyone knows of him. 

Reply Children
No Data