Commander Data from Star Trek

I noticed that someone on this board recently described themselves as like Commander Data from Star Trek. Very able intellectually but struggles emotionally and socially. It was something like that and I can't remember who wrote it.

But I thought Commander Data was a good metaphor for how I feel and behave- able intellectually but struggles emotionally and socially. Does anyone else feel like that? Data was my favourite character in Star Trek, this must be why!

Parents
  • I liked Data as a character. And I liked the paradoxical nature of him, because on the one hand he supposedly doesn't have emotion, yet he wished to feel emotion, which, could be argued is a sort of emotion in itself. 

• Below is from wiki   I going to bow out .   i find it hard to talk about emotions  and get confused by them  I have: to look them up all the time.

Desire is the emotion of longing or hoping for a person, object, or outcome. The same sense is expressed by words such as "craving". When a person desires something or someone, their sense of longing is excited by the enjoyment or the thought of the item or person, and they want to take actions to obtain their goal.

• Below is from wiki   I going to bow out .   i find it hard to talk about emotions  and get confused by them  I have: to look them up all the time.

Desire is the emotion of longing or hoping for a person, object, or outcome. The same sense is expressed by words such as "craving". When a person desires something or someone, their sense of longing is excited by the enjoyment or the thought of the item or person, and they want to take actions to obtain their goal.

Children
No Data