Alcohol

Is drinking a wearing experience for you? For me, like for everyone, the way I react to this depends on the type of the drink and my previous state (like if I have eaten anything or not) but it's not a pleasure! I feel like I need to focus more on functioning, I waste more energy. I feel as if someone hit me on the head - that's a perfect explanation of how I cope with alcohol. Does any of you react in this way? Is it a type of hypersensitivity? Do any of you react differently? 

Also, I hate how alcohol steals my ability to think, to notice things. I like thinking!

Parents
  • I think in the past it helped me mask. On nights out, I don't think I would realise how much I'd had, and would just keep on going after every one else had stopped. I think I have poor perception of what's going on physically inside sometimes. Although it wasn't problematic or an addiction, I decided to stop because a)it's never just one b)I started with bad anxiety and alcohol made it worse and c)I realised I might be autistic and didn't feel the need to hide behind alcohol.

• I think in the past it helped me mask. On nights out, I don't think I would realise how much I'd had, and would just keep on going after every one else had stopped. I think I have poor perception of what's going on physically inside sometimes. Although it wasn't problematic or an addiction, I decided to stop because a)it's never just one b)I started with bad anxiety and alcohol made it worse and c)I realised I might be autistic and didn't feel the need to hide behind alcohol.

Children
  • yeah... used to get pretty drunk with my group. it was the only way i could be accepted into a group. when one of them (joe) punches his room mate in the face in a bar and only gets a kick out for the day - u no they'll accept anyone. literally. and that's what it took for me. thankfully, i don't seem to be predisposed to alcoholism.