Introduce yourself (part one)

Hi everyone,

We thought we'd create a discussion where people can say hello and introduce themselves.

You don't have to say something here but it'd be nice to get a chance to say hello Smile

Please remember that you should not share personal details (such as emails or phone numbers) to protect your privacy.

And don't feel you have to introduce yourself, it's entirely up to you and please only share what you're comfortable with.

Parents
  • Hi there everyone,

I'm a Dutch SALT and Sensory Input therapist.. and know since 6 months that I am an Aspie.. and found out that I don't have a burn-out, but I have a sleep disorder (cataplexy/narcolepsy)..

It took me a while to gain oversight/insight and put 2+2 together and see that the kids I work best with (intuitively/holisticly) are the ones with sensory and behavioural issues (ASD/ADD/ADHD/etc..) for we have a lot in common..

I lóve my work and getting kids motivated/eager to learn.. greatly challenging and fulfilling! Wonderful kids, though I also know all the problems that come along with ASD.. Especially school-wise  when teachers only see the behaviour and lable, while it would be so beneficial if they knew more about Sensory Issues and how to really look at what is going on and see a welcome challenge

Well.. I can rant on about that.. sorry!! Just meant to say hi.. but have a tendency to get side tracked

Love, B'fly

• Hi there everyone,

I'm a Dutch SALT and Sensory Input therapist.. and know since 6 months that I am an Aspie.. and found out that I don't have a burn-out, but I have a sleep disorder (cataplexy/narcolepsy)..

It took me a while to gain oversight/insight and put 2+2 together and see that the kids I work best with (intuitively/holisticly) are the ones with sensory and behavioural issues (ASD/ADD/ADHD/etc..) for we have a lot in common..

I lóve my work and getting kids motivated/eager to learn.. greatly challenging and fulfilling! Wonderful kids, though I also know all the problems that come along with ASD.. Especially school-wise  when teachers only see the behaviour and lable, while it would be so beneficial if they knew more about Sensory Issues and how to really look at what is going on and see a welcome challenge

Well.. I can rant on about that.. sorry!! Just meant to say hi.. but have a tendency to get side tracked

Love, B'fly

Children
No Data