Are these emotions normal

Hi All who come across this,

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

Any feedback would be great

have a great day everybody :-)

Parents
  • SENAR'S is Special Education Needs Assessment and Review, they are who you request a statement from, if you contact your local parent partnership they should be able to give you their address.

Bounces school say they have had many autistic kids before (know of one who went their for a few years!) but every child is different., what bounces t/a calls a tantrum I call annoyance that he isn't been acknowledged!! Last week t/a took bounce to the tiolet has dues to his regression he can barely talk anymore and has to be reminded and taken to tiolet quite often has he isnt been given the tools to help communicate (at the moment!) anyhow t/a demanded him to go tiolet one day and he told her no and was shaking his hands and head but she was adamant he had to go anyhow he kicked off cause of this, but she even put him in time out afterwards cause he didnt do what she wanted him to do!!!!

These kind of incidents are very common and I truly dont believe school is fully aware of how to deal with a autistic child, they have (from what they have said previously) had some training which I think should be compulsary for all schools (but is quite sparced!)

Often I have advised them on things that work for Bounce and what doesnt but takes school weeks before I see or hear if they are even gonna listen to me and apply it!! sometimes i dont get told till their is a incident and moans and groans come from them! i'm like told ya so!! but they are very stubborn when it comes to targets etc that are given from myself andoutside agencies and will only apply ones they believe in!!

Seems to me school are affraid or apprehensive to apply the help that is needed for little legs and are scared of it all.  Be persistant in the meeting Thursday and let them know verbaly and in writing what works for little legs and what doesnt and how to get round it all, Bounce has CAT'S (communication Autism Team) twice a term and they come and assess bounce and advise school what to do to help him and advise in any situations that arise. (still not sure if she does any 1:1 with him has school hasnt mentioned exactly everythink that goes on!

If need more advice contact National Autistic Society for advice!

• SENAR'S is Special Education Needs Assessment and Review, they are who you request a statement from, if you contact your local parent partnership they should be able to give you their address.

Bounces school say they have had many autistic kids before (know of one who went their for a few years!) but every child is different., what bounces t/a calls a tantrum I call annoyance that he isn't been acknowledged!! Last week t/a took bounce to the tiolet has dues to his regression he can barely talk anymore and has to be reminded and taken to tiolet quite often has he isnt been given the tools to help communicate (at the moment!) anyhow t/a demanded him to go tiolet one day and he told her no and was shaking his hands and head but she was adamant he had to go anyhow he kicked off cause of this, but she even put him in time out afterwards cause he didnt do what she wanted him to do!!!!

These kind of incidents are very common and I truly dont believe school is fully aware of how to deal with a autistic child, they have (from what they have said previously) had some training which I think should be compulsary for all schools (but is quite sparced!)

Often I have advised them on things that work for Bounce and what doesnt but takes school weeks before I see or hear if they are even gonna listen to me and apply it!! sometimes i dont get told till their is a incident and moans and groans come from them! i'm like told ya so!! but they are very stubborn when it comes to targets etc that are given from myself andoutside agencies and will only apply ones they believe in!!

Seems to me school are affraid or apprehensive to apply the help that is needed for little legs and are scared of it all.  Be persistant in the meeting Thursday and let them know verbaly and in writing what works for little legs and what doesnt and how to get round it all, Bounce has CAT'S (communication Autism Team) twice a term and they come and assess bounce and advise school what to do to help him and advise in any situations that arise. (still not sure if she does any 1:1 with him has school hasnt mentioned exactly everythink that goes on!

If need more advice contact National Autistic Society for advice!

Children
No Data