Are these emotions normal

Hi All who come across this,

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

Any feedback would be great

have a great day everybody :-)

Parents
  • Tired eyes thank you kindly for the information what may I ask does senars stand for?

Sadly schools seem to be so helpful all the time they are looking for an answer themselves as to why a child acts/behaves in a certain way, then when they have their answer they don't help anymore its like they've done there job now its all over to you.

As a parent I now have to deal with what is best for my little legs,along with making sure I am her voice and I am heard, after all I may not be a qualified teacher however I am more qualified than any member of staff in the school to know how little legs works, what her limitations are and what her abilities are etc the list is endless.

I have a meeting in school this coming Thursday and I will be sure I get all my views and concerns discussed, as her anxieties need to be eased not encouraged by the teachers.

think I may have gone off on A bit of a tangent there sorry about that.

onwards and upwards :-) happy day to you all

• Tired eyes thank you kindly for the information what may I ask does senars stand for?

Sadly schools seem to be so helpful all the time they are looking for an answer themselves as to why a child acts/behaves in a certain way, then when they have their answer they don't help anymore its like they've done there job now its all over to you.

As a parent I now have to deal with what is best for my little legs,along with making sure I am her voice and I am heard, after all I may not be a qualified teacher however I am more qualified than any member of staff in the school to know how little legs works, what her limitations are and what her abilities are etc the list is endless.

I have a meeting in school this coming Thursday and I will be sure I get all my views and concerns discussed, as her anxieties need to be eased not encouraged by the teachers.

think I may have gone off on A bit of a tangent there sorry about that.

onwards and upwards :-) happy day to you all

Children
No Data