Are these emotions normal

Hi All who come across this,

life for my daughter hasn't changed as such due to the fact I had already adapted to who she is from gaining valuable insight into her just through observing the things she does however for me I seem to be going through a roller coaster of emotions since my princess was diagnosed asd only a week ago, I always believed my daughters hearing problems to be the reasons behind her special traits.

i feel like I've been told this and that's it your on your own, go get on with it, which is funny as I have brought my daughter up for years now, so is this a normal reaction as a parent to go through so many emotions, denial, loss, feelings of failure and plenty more.

i am so proud of my daughter she is a real inspiration to me and various other family members.

Any feedback would be great

have a great day everybody :-)

Parents
  • hi Calamity29.  Whilst it takes time to adjust to a diagnosis, which we understand here because we've been there ourselves, it's worth thinking about asking for a statement of educational needs so your daughter can hopefully get the support she needs at school.  If you're not getting it already, then you should apply for DLA also.  And yes, a sense of humour is invaluable, it's just that sometimes it temporarily escapes us!  bw

• hi Calamity29.  Whilst it takes time to adjust to a diagnosis, which we understand here because we've been there ourselves, it's worth thinking about asking for a statement of educational needs so your daughter can hopefully get the support she needs at school.  If you're not getting it already, then you should apply for DLA also.  And yes, a sense of humour is invaluable, it's just that sometimes it temporarily escapes us!  bw

Children
No Data