Worried about other Forum

I was thinking of joining a new forum  run by autistics apparently. I was really worried when I saw the admin of the site posting nasty comments about American people. 

Im American and autistic so it bothered me greatly that an admin of an autistic forum would say this. I do understand that America has started some really negative info about cures etc but does that mean that American folk are backwards? I’m autistic but now I realise I’m considered as backwards too. :(

Parents
  • There are bigoted people in all walks of life. I'd be nervous about joining any forum where the admin is displaying prejudice. You can't fairly make sweeping generalisations about Americans, people with autism, Brits or any other wide demographic groups. It's legitimate to question an county's foreign policy, to highlight an individual's actions etc but not to extrapolate these to all people with that nationality.

I suggest steering clear of that forum and joining only those where the admin are there to ensure appropriate debate, not pedal their prejudices.

• There are bigoted people in all walks of life. I'd be nervous about joining any forum where the admin is displaying prejudice. You can't fairly make sweeping generalisations about Americans, people with autism, Brits or any other wide demographic groups. It's legitimate to question an county's foreign policy, to highlight an individual's actions etc but not to extrapolate these to all people with that nationality.

I suggest steering clear of that forum and joining only those where the admin are there to ensure appropriate debate, not pedal their prejudices.

Children
No Data