Suggestion to improve the forum

I believe that all parsed links should open in a new tab whenever clicked.

I had one taken a WordPress course, and the tutor always stresses good Search Engine Optimisation. Having to go back to a forum from the site, one had view can get a little tedious.

Parents
  • On my profile, I now have a lovely line line telling me "calmerchameleon has no achievements"

Fortunately, I can see the funny side of this but as someone totally struggling in life again all of a sudden (as I'm sure many others on here are), seeing "you have no achievements" is a complete facepalm thing to have.

I don't mean to complain/moan as I'm really grateful that this forum actually exists.

I think Facebook is absolutely awful as a forum and I'm very pleased there are actual forums like this that exist.

So, thank you to NAS for providing a forum. I hope some of the niggles can be ironed out and I hope the 'faithful' here stick with it even if it does feel awkward/difficult (or worse) for the timebeing.

• Hi

Thanks for the kind words, and for flagging that about achievements.

In general, feedback from users of this forum was that they were not so interested in flagging of most active posters and so on, so we have tended not to use those features of the underlying system. As well as launching our new site last week, we updated the version of the forum software that we are using here. Looks as though that one crept through in the update, so sorry about that. We'll put it right in due course.

I'm off to see whether I have any achievements either - probably not!

• Hi

Thanks for the kind words, and for flagging that about achievements.

In general, feedback from users of this forum was that they were not so interested in flagging of most active posters and so on, so we have tended not to use those features of the underlying system. As well as launching our new site last week, we updated the version of the forum software that we are using here. Looks as though that one crept through in the update, so sorry about that. We'll put it right in due course.

I'm off to see whether I have any achievements either - probably not!

Children