The New Autism Centre at Carryduff - Northern Ireland

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2019-11-19/first-of-its-kind-autism-centre-opens-in-carryduff/

First of its kind autism centre opens in Carryduff

The autism centre in Carryduff is understood to be the first of its kind. Credit: UTV

An autism centre, understood to be the first of its kind, has opened in Carryduff - providing evening and weekend clubs and services for autistic children and adults.

The National Autistic Society Northern Ireland's Autism Centre has been developed to encourage social opportunities, relaxation, sensory stimulants and life-long skills.

The facility has colourful multi-sensory rooms, laundry services and a fitted kitchen, and will be a relaxed environment in which autistic people will be able to become more independent.

TV personality and mother of two autistic children Christine McGuinness, opened the centre on Tuesday.

The National Autistic Society raised over £200,000 pounds to set up the bespoke facility.

Comment: I tried phoning the NAS Northern Ireland office to enquire about this new facility, and there was no one to answer the phone. Then I called the NAS National Helpline. They said that they have no information about regional offices.

Perhaps the Carryduff Centre doesn't open until 10 am; I'll try then. However, I sent an email to them last night - Cc to my Doctors' Reception.