What are you passionate about?

It's very common for Autistic people to be very knowledgable in a particular field or about a very specific thing. So what I wanna know is what that is for people!

For me? It's Star Trek. I freaking love Star Trek. I live and breathe it. I went to a convention this year and it was awesome! I get so excited about it and just love watching it. Whenever I feel low? Watch Star Trek. Whenever I feel great? Watch Star Trek. Whenever I feel whenever? You can bet it's Star Trek time! I like playing a game where whenever I watch something else, I like to see if there's any actor who has ever been in Star Trek. You'd be surprised! I don't know too many people who also like it, so I just talk about it whenever and wherever. Sometimes I like to intentionally ramble on about it because I know it makes people roll their eyes. But sometimes people know how much I like it so they let me go on and on! I like those people!

I'm also pretty knowledgeable about films and TV in general. Even ones I haven't seen. I just seem to absorb trivial knowledge. 

So time for you to geek out about your passions! :D 

Parents
  • Mine has always been sport, however, over the last few years I have studied at uni and taken strongly to exercise physiology and doing very well, my brain just stores a lot of detail, but I also like biomechanics and physics, if I get the chance to talk about them it is hard for me to stop. I enjoy reading articles and books. I have a large collection of books and notes. If not that, then I probably exercise, lol. I enjoy learning all sciences though. Like I say, I used to be obsessed by football as a youngster, and quite good at it, but I still enjoy it and retain a lot of useless info, except for quizes. I also had quite an obsessive interest in music, and built a large cd collection. Fortunately, I have put a lot onto i-tubes or amazon music. My interest hasn’t spilled into playing yet, though I can play the guitar. I aim to take up some form of learning, even if self-directed. I find it a good use of creativity too, and relaxing.

• I think we are curious by nature so self learning is very common. Keeps us busy and out of trouble. I used to like languages and found a book about Esperanto in the library and decided to teach myself that. Can't remember anything about it now. I don't have the autistic memory that others have Disappointed.

When I was a keen runner I knew all the stars and the upcoming stars, records and times. Avidly read Athletics Weekly. I could only retain this info whilst being interested though. Now I no longer run I probably couldn't answer any athletics questions at a quiz . 

• I wonder if somewhere in our memories all the detailed information we learned is still lurking? Certainly the older I get the more I experience feeling like I definitely know something but can't retrieve it.

I used to run (was very bad at it but loved it until my knees went!) and would obsess over times and training, even though my main aim was usually not coming last. :)

• I wonder if somewhere in our memories all the detailed information we learned is still lurking? Certainly the older I get the more I experience feeling like I definitely know something but can't retrieve it.

I used to run (was very bad at it but loved it until my knees went!) and would obsess over times and training, even though my main aim was usually not coming last. :)

Children
No Data