I've had 2nd, 3rd, 4th............far too many thoughts on posting this and changed my mind about it.

Parents
  • I watch other people talking and I think I'm doing the same as them but it doesn't "work" like it does for them. Maybe it's my facial expression, which apparently doesn't always match what I'm saying? I also can't cope with more than one person at a time. When I try to speak I am ignored, often for someone to repeat the same sentence and get laughs/interest.

I've spent the past 4 years trying very hard to fit in with other parents since my daughter started school and one by one everyone has started ignoring/avoiding me. I'm never unkind, I don't break promises, I try to support people but somehow I'm not good enough. 

So largely I just ignore everyone.

• I watch other people talking and I think I'm doing the same as them but it doesn't "work" like it does for them. Maybe it's my facial expression, which apparently doesn't always match what I'm saying? I also can't cope with more than one person at a time. When I try to speak I am ignored, often for someone to repeat the same sentence and get laughs/interest.

It can be the facial-behavioral and or the vice-versa vocal-verbal expression thing involving vocal intonation discordance and spoken timing or subject incongruence errors ~ like in a sense a musician playing the right note or chord at the wrong time or in the wrong way at the right time, or in a dancing sense like stepping on toes, not catching someone or not being caught oneself at the appropriate time with a spin or twirl.

• Deepthought - Could you remove my "Quoted" text please.

I feel differently about it today and my self-esteem is fine thanks. It was a temporary blip.

• Thank you Deepthought, much appreciated.

• Yes I worry about that too, and all the things I've posted in the past. But as no one  I've told seems to believe that I have ASD, the chances of anyone I know reading anything on this forum, I hope, is negligible. Although I do post a lot less than I used to, mostly for this reason. 

• Hi Nope, thanks yes you're right. But I worry that someone could recognise me and all my thoughts are out there to be seen - quite a cringy thought! Also my thoughts chop and change whilst I'm working out how to deal with it.

Reply Children
  • Yes I worry about that too, and all the things I've posted in the past. But as no one  I've told seems to believe that I have ASD, the chances of anyone I know reading anything on this forum, I hope, is negligible. Although I do post a lot less than I used to, mostly for this reason.