Nightmare English test

Here is an update of how my various employment advisors are still struggling to get me into paid work.

My latest advisor sent me to a training company who insisted I take their online functional English test.

What a nightmare,  I tried my best and my best was a disaster. 

Here's a photo of my results screen.

41% for spelling,  punctuation and grammar!   I never realised I was that bad.  

Some of the questions were torture.  Such as the comma question,  I was given a paragraph to read and told to find the five comma mistakes, where commas where either missing or superfluous. Oh my first reading I couldn't identify a single mistake.

Parents
  • ...Quite frankly, they should have given Your Good Self a "Mathematics" Test instead of an *online* English Test - then You would have succeeded so fantastically that they would have run away in utter terror at Your abillity. (!!!)

As for Myself, I would not like this kind of test at all, although My own "English" is quite good. I would supect *trick* questions, where context is not stated; such as where to put the commas or apostrophes or mispellings,  in order to mean different things.

e.g. let us eat Rabbits! - vs. -  let's eat, Rabbits! - vs. - lettuce eat, Rabbits! 

...Um, Glad Tidings from Myself to You, anyway...!

Reply Children
No Data