Emotional during movies.

Has anyone else become emotional during movies? (A Goofy Movie, Bolt, Inside Out etc.)

I know that this may sound soppy, but I tend to become slightly emotional to such movies especially when I have had a can or two. I know that there is no shame in showing one's emotions from movies.

I know that I am not the only one!

Parents
  • As a child, I never used to cry at anything film or TV-related. I remember shortly after E.T. came out on VHS, my parents hired it from our local Blockbuster (showing my age here), and my mum cried at the end, which I thought really weird.

However, in the last half dozen years or so (probably since the death of our cats), pretty much anything will set me off now. Anything with animals is guaranteed to make me blub, which kind of makes sense, but TV shows such as Long Lost Family, or even episodes of Location, Location, Location where people end up finding their perfect home, leave me sobbing like an idiot and I don't really know why. And don't even get me started on Bake Off... Cry

I don't really understand why happy things make me cry as well as sad things, because, inside, it feels the same to me although the context is completely different.

• As a child, I never used to cry at anything film or TV-related. I remember shortly after E.T. came out on VHS, my parents hired it from our local Blockbuster (showing my age here), and my mum cried at the end, which I thought really weird.

However, in the last half dozen years or so (probably since the death of our cats), pretty much anything will set me off now. Anything with animals is guaranteed to make me blub, which kind of makes sense, but TV shows such as Long Lost Family, or even episodes of Location, Location, Location where people end up finding their perfect home, leave me sobbing like an idiot and I don't really know why. And don't even get me started on Bake Off... Cry

I don't really understand why happy things make me cry as well as sad things, because, inside, it feels the same to me although the context is completely different.

Children
No Data