Emotional during movies.

Has anyone else become emotional during movies? (A Goofy Movie, Bolt, Inside Out etc.)

I know that this may sound soppy, but I tend to become slightly emotional to such movies especially when I have had a can or two. I know that there is no shame in showing one's emotions from movies.

I know that I am not the only one!

Parents
  • I have great difficulty with movies - they are scientifically designed to provoke an emotional response and I over-identify with certain types of characters so they tap directly into my emotions and mess about with them.     For this reason, there's types of films that I will not go to the cinema to see because I will lose all control and be blubbing at all the wrong points in the film.

I find animations are much more likely to trigger me because every part can be 100% controlled - live action is always 'best take' so they have less control.     

I over-identify with innocent characters like David in A.I. and the young Dory in Finding Dory.

• I have great difficulty with movies - they are scientifically designed to provoke an emotional response and I over-identify with certain types of characters so they tap directly into my emotions and mess about with them.     For this reason, there's types of films that I will not go to the cinema to see because I will lose all control and be blubbing at all the wrong points in the film.

I find animations are much more likely to trigger me because every part can be 100% controlled - live action is always 'best take' so they have less control.     

I over-identify with innocent characters like David in A.I. and the young Dory in Finding Dory.

Children
No Data