Insensitive or over reacting

Hey,

My son is 4, he has ASD.

My friends all obviously know about my sons condition and his difficulties - primarily his speech, with his social interaction being not far behind.

When I get together with my closest friend, who has a son of a similar age to my little one, we naturally discuss our boys. But my friend insists on telling me all about the lengthly conversations she has with her son and about his large circle of friends, and how his friends squabble over who gets to sit next to him at school, etc. This really upsets me (not that I let it show to my friend), as I can't help but think about how I may never be able to have a conversation with my son, how he has such few friends .

Am I over reacting or is my friend being slightly insensitive??

Parents
  • I am not in any way trying to compete with my friend. Nor do I feel intimidated by her sons progress.

It makes me sad occasionally when she talks about her son, and just thought as my closest friend she would be more aware of how it would make me feel.

• I am not in any way trying to compete with my friend. Nor do I feel intimidated by her sons progress.

It makes me sad occasionally when she talks about her son, and just thought as my closest friend she would be more aware of how it would make me feel.

Children
No Data