Cake

I just ‘had’ to start a cake thread! I had loads of leftover Easter Eggs and finally found an excellent way to use (some of) them up! Enter the Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Easter Egg Fudge Cake Slight smile I made a chocolate fudge cake using Easter Eggs instead of Dark Chocolate and Honeycomb Hot Chocolate powder instead of Cocoa powder. The result is a delicious combination of Honeycomb, fudge and Chocolate Easter Egg! The smell is Devine too, my kitchen smells of Honeycomb and fudge!

So, what’s the best cake you’ve ever baked?

What’s the best cake you’ve bought from a bakery?

What is your favourite cake?

Actually any cake related answers are ok Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi - i just joined looking for some baking tips! Btw my fav cake was a an Angel food cake i made for my mom (trying to duplicate her mom's). Covered in pink seven minute frosting and dozens of fresh sliced strawberries from the garden (june bday.)

Im actually on here wondering if anyone has ideas for me. Im getting really into cooking and baking, but touching flour can be incredibly difficult for me. It makes kneading or rolling out dough a tough experience while im trying to use cooking/baking to calm me down.

Does anyone else face this issue and have ideas?

• Hi, the Angel cake that you made for your mum sounds delicious!

Regarding the flour. I use disposable Vinyl gloves (you can buy boxes of these from BM stores quite cheaply) when handling and cutting up raw meat or fish, largely for food hygiene purposes but also because raw meat is very slimy! Do you think that wearing disposable vinyl gloves when cooking/baking, to avoid having to touch the flour, would help you?

I'm happy for people to share cake baking tips, cake recipes etc on this thread :-)

• Hi, the Angel cake that you made for your mum sounds delicious!

Regarding the flour. I use disposable Vinyl gloves (you can buy boxes of these from BM stores quite cheaply) when handling and cutting up raw meat or fish, largely for food hygiene purposes but also because raw meat is very slimy! Do you think that wearing disposable vinyl gloves when cooking/baking, to avoid having to touch the flour, would help you?

I'm happy for people to share cake baking tips, cake recipes etc on this thread :-)

Children
No Data