Summer insect invasion!

I thought it was time for another lightish thread Slight smile This year has been pleasantly free of gnats (hate the things!) but the ants decided to cause me grief by chewing a hole in my patio door frame! Luckily the ants themselves appear to have disappeared now but it’s annoying as I now need to fill in the hole and clear up their mess! Why couldn’t they just use the door like everyone else? 

Has anyone else suffered at the hands of insects, this or any other summer? Comic/Serious/Other stories are all welcome Slight smile

Parents
  • I was staying in a lovely, quiet B&B recently and a huge daddy long legs decided to jump in the shower with me. I screamed hysterically and I'm still relieved nobody called the police!

• I’m assuming that the Daddy long legs came off worse than you as they don’t tend to get on well with water? What would you have told the police if they had been called? To be fair another being had jumped into the shower with you uninvited!

• I practically fell out of the shower and yelled for my partner, who humanely removed him. It was 1-0 to the daddy long legs that day. I guess I'd have told them the daddy long legs was harrassing me and it was a perfectly reasonable response Joy

• I practically fell out of the shower and yelled for my partner, who humanely removed him. It was 1-0 to the daddy long legs that day. I guess I'd have told them the daddy long legs was harrassing me and it was a perfectly reasonable response Joy

Children