Aspergers and Blackmail

Please excuse me for not fully understanding Autism to the fullest it's rather a new world to me. I am not on the spectrum (please forgive me If anything i say comes across as offensive its not my intention) 

Are people with aspergers understanding on the concept of blackmail, ie can they actively do it out of malious, with the intent of causing emotional distress/harm or do they not fully understand it and find themselves in a situation.

Parents
  • In many cases, people with any disability/impairment/condition can be used/blackmailed due to being too open and too trusting.  As Autism/Asperger's is all on the same spectrum then everyone has different traits/behaviours and can be capable of anything that someone seen as normal can do - Malicious, Vindictive, Narcissistic, etc).

The thing is that, whenever the person is known to have a condition which is, something that affects their thought process then they should not be on a many to one situation.  IMHO there should have been doubt, if the Police could tell the person had a condition, that they were not capable at that time to be interviewed/tried alone.

• Yes, this is something that I wonder about too - it made me wonder about my own situation/life experiences and how I got my diagnosis and my early experiences in the gay world, easily led, open to manipulation, easily taken advantage of in my teens and getting into situations on the gay scene - of course, based on traditional Catholic values of “faith and morals” my coming out as gay was never approved of and I was constantly screamed at to “cop myself on” and that I “was not well” and had mental health issues, needed a firm hand, a good hard “clip across the ear” 

• Yes, this is something that I wonder about too - it made me wonder about my own situation/life experiences and how I got my diagnosis and my early experiences in the gay world, easily led, open to manipulation, easily taken advantage of in my teens and getting into situations on the gay scene - of course, based on traditional Catholic values of “faith and morals” my coming out as gay was never approved of and I was constantly screamed at to “cop myself on” and that I “was not well” and had mental health issues, needed a firm hand, a good hard “clip across the ear” 

Children
No Data