what kind of work do people do?

I'm quite curious what kind of work do people here do? I've seen from some comments in other threads that there are social workers and teachers out there. The stereotypical autism job is computer programmer, which I think is really cool and requires lots of talent. There are also students on this forum (I'd be interested to know what you're studying). 

Also, what jobs do you think are well-suited for the autistic personality?

Parents
  • My undiagnosed partner is a lorry driver, he likes being on his own

• It does sound as though it would suit many - long periods on your own and your own choice of listening material.

I personally wouldn't be able to do it because of what we jokingly referred to for years as my "driving disability".  This was a big issue, almost a phobia even, for decades before I was diagnosed.  And now, in autism groups, I see driving difficulties referred to a lot and realise too that it's a definite thing.  

• It does sound as though it would suit many - long periods on your own and your own choice of listening material.

I personally wouldn't be able to do it because of what we jokingly referred to for years as my "driving disability".  This was a big issue, almost a phobia even, for decades before I was diagnosed.  And now, in autism groups, I see driving difficulties referred to a lot and realise too that it's a definite thing.  

Children
No Data