what kind of work do people do?

I'm quite curious what kind of work do people here do? I've seen from some comments in other threads that there are social workers and teachers out there. The stereotypical autism job is computer programmer, which I think is really cool and requires lots of talent. There are also students on this forum (I'd be interested to know what you're studying). 

Also, what jobs do you think are well-suited for the autistic personality?

Parents
  • BTW I did at one time apply for jobs in IT and did excellently at the various rounds of aptitude tests.  But in all of those jobs it turned out I had to then subject myself to a panel interview with at least 6 or 7 on those panels so I backed out due to feeling terrified and getting no sleep in the run up.  So in my case there was an initial barrier to the stereotypical autism job whcih I couldn't, at the time, overcome.    

• BTW I did at one time apply for jobs in IT and did excellently at the various rounds of aptitude tests.  But in all of those jobs it turned out I had to then subject myself to a panel interview with at least 6 or 7 on those panels so I backed out due to feeling terrified and getting no sleep in the run up.  So in my case there was an initial barrier to the stereotypical autism job whcih I couldn't, at the time, overcome.    

Children