Weeny Peeves

Glad Tidings, Anyone reading. Please add your own 'Weeny Peeve', here, and VENT about it, if needs must. A Small (weeny) thing, which is irritating (peevish)... enough to be irritating, yet not so large as to breakdown One's life... I shall try examples of what I mean, thusly:

...Packets which say:"Pull here to open" --- Yet upon pulling, only the "Pull Here" part opens, and One must resort to the use of tools such as Scissors to open the rest of the darn thing.

...That floating bit of FLUFF which just *will not land* and so can constantly evade being swept up or cleaned away. (Vacuum Cleaners must be employed, here.)

...Things which state that they cost under "X" amount of money, yet only because they cost "X minus 1 plus 99-pence"... The saving of just 1 Pence is ALWAYS touted loudly as a bargain!

...TV Shows which are fictional but when beginning to discuss a real-life impasse, it is as if the writers know this and so change the subject... usually with something loud/dramatic/exploding.

...Not something I myself do, but have often seen done: When eating something "crunchy", upon the first bite, the rest of it fairly disintegrates so much that collecting the fragments is no longer worth any nutrition gained from the effort.

... Even if no-one else replies, I Myself may add to this Thread, now that I have started it, for everyday things. Good Fortune and Stay Safe, All.

Parents
  • This is A TV-Themed entry from Me, this time...

When the Background Music to a Film/TV Show is waaaaay better than the Programme itself.

That "twinkly Piano Music" which is always the mainstay of 'daytime' TV Dramas.

The fact that I wonder if it would not just be cheaper for David Suchet to grow his *own* moustache?

When I am conversing with someone over the sound of a TV, and someone in that TV Programme then says a couple of the same words EXACTLY. This is pretty spooky... (!)

Also, in walking in upon a TV Series/Film, or tuning in too late, I sometimes wind up catching EXACTLY the same Moment or Episode. This can happen many, many times. It is as if the TV is trying to tell Me something...(!!)

( ...After those last two written, is it appropriate that I mention the "Weeny Peeve" of "Discordant Music"?... (e.g. - "OoooohWeeeeOoooo"). And again, We do not need this, due to already knowing who the Bad Guy is --- He is Upperclass English with slicked-Back Hair, right? )

The fact that I cannot put silly things onto a TV Screen and have them STICK there any more. (The old 'Cathode Ray Tube' Televisions were heavy but they were fun that way!)

When a TV is turned off, even from the Wall, disconnected... and that little red light is still on. This is "stored charge", but it sometimes seems to be watching until One's back is turned, and *then* it will go off. (!!)

With Digital TV... when they change/update/move the Channel information or a TV Channel... And then do it again the next Day. And the next Week.

A common thing, when the Aerial connector has slipped out in a way that is not obvious: -- Oh No The TV is broken! Is there a Thunderstorm outside? The Picture is all pixellated! My TV is squeaking! And now it's shrieking! There is *NO SIGNAL*! There is No Power! The World is Ending! The Channels have disappea... Oh, wait, shove that bit back in and It's okay now, sorry for the fuss. ;-)

TV adverts attempting to 'reprogram my brain', by rewriting new lyrics to old songs or updating a previously successful Ad Campaign.
    (Beanz Meanz Heinz. Vorsprung Durch Technik. Yes, ToysRUs WAS always 'Worth the Journey'. Yes, It WAS a pity that they don't make other Cars like Saab Cars. But now... when I see a person who is quite large, I just think: "Are Ya Gonna Beeeeeeeiiiiiinnnngo??")

Remote controls are another thing which could start their own Thread. The symbols try to be the same. But they lead to very different avenues upon differing Televisions. Buttons which do the job straightaway upon one TV, may lead to a deep and complicated Menu upon others. Learn to Love the eccentricities of differing Brands, I say. Or something like that.

Finally...After preparing some Food, I sit down to watch a TV Programme...
    Which then stops for an Advertisement Break...
    Which is showing an Advert which I try to avoid...
    But upon changing Channels, *every* preferred programme is also suddenly in an Advert Break...
    ...And every Advert Break is showing the same Advert which I try to avoid...
    (... & No I cannot "Stream" !)

Thank You to those continuing support to this Thread so far!

• I really hate 'reality' shows that have nothing to do with reality.  Scripted, wooden acting from morons making a load of cash from other morons watching them. 

Car shows with no car content - just a bunch of grown men acting like  5 year olds faffing around to an imaginary deadline.  Not interested - show me the nuts & bolts and how to do things.

Also - why do car shows have to have loud electric guitar blues as a soundtrack?

And - Discovery Channel 'factual TV' that is filled with fake TV shows? Why?

• I really hate 'reality' shows that have nothing to do with reality.  Scripted, wooden acting from morons making a load of cash from other morons watching them. 

Car shows with no car content - just a bunch of grown men acting like  5 year olds faffing around to an imaginary deadline.  Not interested - show me the nuts & bolts and how to do things.

Also - why do car shows have to have loud electric guitar blues as a soundtrack?

And - Discovery Channel 'factual TV' that is filled with fake TV shows? Why?

Children
No Data