What type of craft/making do you like?

Hi all,

I was inspired by a thread yesterday about knitting, to start a craft or making thread to see what people on here like to craft or make. I like to bead/make jewellery, the type I make is sewn out of seed beads, into a variety of patterns. Included are some photos of my latest piece, a necklace which took 12 hours! Please feel free to share your craft/hobby and a picture of your latest/favourite make if you wish.

Parents
  • As a ten year old in a special school I was introduced to basket weaving.  And I  really enjoyed the hours I spent doing it. 

I forgot all about it until recently when I was working as a support worker.  And one of my clients started showing me  the pottery she made at a day centre.  The joy she had showing me all the items she made brought back memories for me of how much I enjoyed making the various basket types and bringing them home to show of.

• The basket weaving actually sounds really interesting. Have you thought about taking up a craft as an adult? 

Thats lovely that your client gets so much joy from making pottery. Sometimes as adults it’s easy to forget how much joy we can get from making crafts, I did when I was younger but now I make time for it as it’s ‘good for the soul’ Slight smile

• The basket weaving actually sounds really interesting. Have you thought about taking up a craft as an adult? 

Thats lovely that your client gets so much joy from making pottery. Sometimes as adults it’s easy to forget how much joy we can get from making crafts, I did when I was younger but now I make time for it as it’s ‘good for the soul’ Slight smile

Children
No Data